.

“All disease begins in the gut.” – Hippocrates

Friday, September 17, 2010

Bleg: Eating on the Run

I'm racing this fall, for the first time in almost two years. But I've run into a problem: all of the foods I used to take along with me on long trainings and for long events are not SCD-legal. So I'm forced to rethink my 'on the run' food strategy. It's going...okay. But I could use some help.

I'm looking for suggestions for SCD-friendly foods to eat during long (3+ hours) training sessions or long events. So far, I've survived on:

  • Pure, unadulterated coconut water (Coconut water isn't on any legal/illegal list, but coconut and coconut milk are legal, so I'm assuming this is too, unless someone tells me otherwise. Just make sure nothing has been added to it.)
  • Organic, medjool dates (but I can only eat a few, they act as a laxative for me)
  • Bananas (same caveat as dates, 2/day max or I get gurgly)
  • SCD-friendly Walnuts
  • Cheddar Cheese


Foods need to be light(ish), compact ,and easily carried in a running waist belt or in a cycling jersey. I don't mind cooking, so SCD-friendly energy bar recipes as well as other suggestions are welcome.

Onward to Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment